Here are the different options that Apple customers can try when they need an iPhone repair.
- Go to the nearest Apple Retail Store (ARS). This is the most popular choice among Apple users when it comes to repair. The “geniuses at the bar” or the technicians at these stores can help customers with their software and hardware concerns. What the customer need to do first is to book an appointment.
Two ways in booking an appointment in an Apple Retail Store:
- Call Apple Support to request for an appointment.
- Customers can also book an appointment online.
- Find an Apple Authorized Service Providers (AASP). There are times that Apple Retail Stores are fully booked. But there are third-party stores that can assist Apple customers with their concerns and these store are called Apple Authorized Service Providers. These third-party stores are certified by Apple to help customer out. Customers do not need an appointment when going to an Apple Authorized Service Provider but customers need to contact the store first, and notify them that they will be coming over.
- Express Replacement Service (ERS). There are certain areas in the world that has no Apple Stores so Apple customers have send in their device for repair. The Express Replacement Service is done by an Apple customer calling Apple for assistance. Customers need to pay an initial fee of 29 pounds and a holding amount that is equivalent to the defective’s device market value. After the call, a web payment link is sent to the customer’s email address. After the payment has been authorized by the customer, a replacement device will be sent to the customer within 2-3 business days.
- Standard Mail-in Service (SMIS). If the customer does not want to pay any fees for an iPhone repair, the Standard Mail-In Service is the option for them. This process will take 7-10 business days. The customer needs to call Apple first to request for a Standard Mail-in Service. An empty box will be sent to the customer within 2-3 business days. The customer need to put in the defective device on the box and send it to the postal address listed on the box. The customer will not pay anything in sending the defective device.